Deadline: 10 February 2012
Open to: Candidates with a University degree in fields connected to the project activities (international relations, political science, economics, law, etc.)
Remuneration: Depends on the candidate’s qualifications and relevant experience
DescriptionIn the context of the EU funded project “Improving Cooperation in South-East Europe by Actions for Strengthening the Regional Cooperation Council”, the Central European Initiative intends to create a dedicated organizational structure “Twinning Unit” based in Sarajevo next to the Regional Cooperation Council premises in order to support the implementation of the project activities.
The project is financed by the European Union through the Instrument of Pres-Accession Assistance – Regional Programme 2010 EuropeAid/131229/C/ACT/Multi and will last 24 months (December 2011 – November 2013).
The Project envisages an intense calendar of activities aiming at strengthening the RCC Secretariat: study tours to other international organisations, capacity-building seminars, stakeholder conferences as well as the introduction of innovative ICT tools, will be some of the initiatives foreseen by the CEI with the ultimate aim to promote the enhancement of regional cooperation between and among the countries of South-East Europe.
I. Project Activities implementation:
- Overall coordination of the project under the Project Manager guidance;
- Day-to-day management of the project under the guidance of the Project Manager and the Technical Assistance Unit in Trieste;
- Monitoring the advancement of the activities according to the project work plan;
- Participation in project meetings and other meetings and conferences as appropriate.
- Carrying out translations in English, Bosnian or Serb-Croatian languages (active and passive);
- Preparing and editing of documents for official communications and presentations at meetings and conferences;
- Financial and narrative reporting on the activities performed by the Sarajevo Twinning Unit according to the rules of IPA programme;
- Assisting the Project Manager in all activities foreseen by the action;
- Collecting and analysing information and data on the progress of the action;
- Any other duties as may be needed or assigned.
- Meeting preparation including preparation and distribution of documents;
- Correspondence with participants, registration of participants, minute-taking, etc.;
- Preparing background material pertaining to meetings when needed;
- Standing and faithful cooperation with CEI and RCC staff;
- Liaising with relevant stakeholders of the action (in particular Regional Organisations, International Financial Institutions).
EligibilityCandidates with the following qualifications are eligible to apply:
- A University degree in fields connected to the project activities (international relations, political science, economics, law, etc.). Preferably Master’s Degree;
- Previous experience of 3 years of managing / administration of cooperation activity in the context of an international organization, European Union funded projects, RCC included;
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Mother tongue or equivalent in Bosnian or Serbo-Croatian;
- Other languages will be considered as an asset;
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet);
- A sense of organisation, initiative and responsibility;
- Ability to carry out assigned duties with due diligence and under time pressure;
- Ability to work in an international environment and to travel frequently;
- Good attitude for working in a team;
- Good knowledge of the CEI and RCC structures and activities;
- Good knowledge of EU polices and instruments towards the Western Balkan region;
- Commitment to full time service for the entire duration of the action.
RemunerationThe position’s remuneration will be commensurate with the selected candidate’s qualifications and relevant experience.
Provision of Contract:
The successful candidate will be based in Sarajevo in an office in front of the RCC headquarters, on a full-time basis, for a period of 18 months plus three months of probation period.
ApplicationApplications in English including a Curriculum Vitae (Europass format) and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
In your CV please indicate your age, nationality, as well as your current location. Please indicate your availability for a personal interview at the RCC Secretariat headquarters in Sarajevo in February. The selected candidate should be ready to start by the end of February.
Deadline: February 10th 2012.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
You can read the Official call here.
The Official Website